Description: Work in Cape Town, develop creative content for the world.
TYPE: Permanent Contract
REMUNERATION: Contract agreement to be discussed
LOCATION: Remote and on-site in Observatory, Cape Town
EDUCATION LEVEL: Recognised tertiary qualification in graphic design (including digital)
Conceptualising and developing creative designs, rollout of design, and applying layout updates in line with brief and brand guidelines.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
Creative Conceptualisation and Development
- Attend and participate in project briefing sessions to gain a thorough understanding of client objectives and requirements.
- Assess written creative briefs and ensure that all necessary information has been provided, and that the objectives and requirements are clearly understood upfront.
- Conduct research, referencing and brainstorming.
- Creative development of the required number of concepts per brief.
- Creative development of the required number of design layouts in the required formats per brief.
- Finalisation of the conceptual direction and design layouts/look and feel and gain manager approval.
Creative Implementation and Budgeting
- Rollout of the approved concepts and design layouts into the required formats, within the allocated timeframes.
- Checking of all work for accuracy, consistency and formatting.
- Present to manager at all required stages of the job, progressing required revisions and gaining manager approval.
- Present to relevant internal stakeholders, progressing required revisions and gaining approval.
- Supplying creative outputs to the manager in the required presentation format.
- Present or send creative outputs to clients as required, progress with required revisions and gain client approval.
- Work within the allocated project budgets including, time spent on each job, completion of work within the allocated time frame, stock images previsioned in the design and production of creative work.
- Ensure that all creative elements are supplied in the correct format and are production ready.
- Successful facilitation of the entire production process including:
- Briefing external production companies and ensuring that they fully understand the production requirements and outputs.
- Supply of client-approved, production ready materials.
- Conducting pre-production checks.
- Ensuring that the final product is in line with quality and production requirements and is delivered on time.
- Collation and accurate archiving all workfiles and final creative work on Rothko’s SharePoint site in the relevant project folder created by the project manager.
- Daily maintenance of SharePoint folders to ensure a user-friendly filing system and proper version control.
- Updating and maintaining our client brand guides on Adobe CC Libraries.
Relationship Management, Collaboration and Reporting
- Ensure regular communication and project updates with manager on the Teams channel.
- Successful communication and follow-ups with project managers and suppliers regarding requirements, briefs, development, production and delivery.
- Contribute to monthly reports and client proposals as required.
Job Evaluation Criteria
Recognised tertiary qualification in graphic design (including digital)
3-5 years of direct graphic design and digital experience in a corporate, communications agency or digital agency.
- Graphic design tools and software.
- Client objectives and graphic design and digital requirements.
- Photography and retouching.
- Production and the production process.
- Some knowledge of related industries such as Marketing, Advertising, Media, PR and Digital.
- Excellent graphic design, conceptualisation and creative skills
- Outstanding Adobe CC skills
- Solid MS Office suite skills
- Digital application, implementation, programming and formatting
- Ability to present creative concepts professionally
- Thinking on the spot and troubleshooting
- Managing time and delivering within set deadlines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements
- Organisational and administration
- Strong verbal skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Professional client communication and liaison
- Communicate with senior and executive level staff and clients
- Constantly learning and adapting to trends
- Service oriented and customer focused
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take responsible initiative
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism to develop
If you think you are the right person for this position, send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org