Thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment.
REMUNERATION: Contract agreement to be discussed
LOCATION: Cape Town, Observatory
EDUCATION LEVEL: Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
TYPE: Copywriter Partner Freelance contract
Generation of highly effective, intelligent, creative, clear and compelling copywriting
outputs that delivers on Rothko’s and its clients requirements. Specifically:
brochures/booklets, social media, websites, emailers/ newsletters.
Please note: CVs will not be considered without the addition of an updated portfolio of work.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
Strategic Planning and SEO
- Gain a solid understanding of the client’s industry, business and objectives.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and carry out thorough research as required, including target audience insights.
- Contribute to campaign planning with the Content Management team as required.
- Establish and deliver accurate timelines required to complete the required work.
- Keep abreast with marketing industry trends
- Ensure that the written content produced is of quality, aligned to the brief, and is relevant to the reader, and the medium.
- Deliver on the pre-agreed content within the agreed timeframes.
External Relationship Development and Management
- Attend client briefings and events and liaise with clients as required.
Internal Collaboration, Reporting and Billing
- Liaise with the line-manager and content managers regarding brief clarity, implementation, quality control and approvals
- Regular, clear verbal and written communication as required
- Attending meetings as required
- Adhere to established processes
- Timeous reconciliation of agreed requirements and invoicing for completed work
Job Evaluation Criteria
- Minimum relevant tertiary degree or higher-diploma qualification in English, Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
- Postgraduate qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience of generating original, strong and effective copywriting and creative outputs.
- 5+ years of freelance experience.
- Must have an outstanding portfolio of copywriting and creative work across ATL, BTL and Digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of related industries such as Marketing, Communications, Advertising and Digital
- Highly knowledgeable in copywriting, and Digital (particularly SEO). Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and others).
- Strong planning ability including multitasking and prioritisation
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Work well in a fast-paced environment where quick turnaround times are essential.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office (Word; PowerPoint) is essential.
- Ability to work with limited supervision i.e. self-managed
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to take responsible initiative.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Team player.
- Ability to take constructive criticism to develop.
- Professional with the ability to liaise at a senior level in the organisation and with clients.
If you think you are the right person for this position, send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org