REMUNERATION: To be discussed
LOCATION: Cape Town, Observatory
EDUCATION LEVEL: Diploma
JOB LEVEL: Junior
TYPE: Contract 3 months
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION
- Timeous and appropriate distribution of press releases.
- Assisting with effective media liaison to generate maximum PR coverage.
- Follow-up with media regarding coverage for reporting and relationship maintenance purposes.
- Assisting to achieve and exceed client coverage targets (PR coverage, medium, region etc.)
Media Relationship Maintenance
- Support the line manager to ensure that media have accurate and appropriate client spokesperson and contact details.
- Assist the line manager to ensure that media’s requirements for quotes, interviews and further information are answered timeously and appropriately so as not to damage relationships.
Media List Updating
- Support the line manager and relevant content manager to review and update the media list aligned to client strategies.
- Daily maintenance of media lists.
Internal Reporting and Collaboration
- Internal updates to line manager and relevant Content Manager regarding media contacts, coverage and relationship maintenance.
- Effectively using the Project Bubble system, including tracking time worked on each project and ticking tasks complete.
- Liaising with the line manager regarding briefs to ensure clarity of implementation.
- Effective teamwork and communication to achieve client marketing and campaign objectives.
- Living the company values.
Job Evaluation Criteria
- Currently studying towards a relevant tertiary degree or diploma qualification in Marketing; Project Management; PR; Communications; Journalism; Media Studies.
- Any form of work experience.
- Some knowledge of related industries such as Marketing, Advertising, Media, PR and Digital.
- Project management and planning
- Organisational and administration
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong MS Office (Word; PowerPoint; Excel)
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take responsible initiative
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism to develop
If you think you are the right person for this position, send your CV and cover letter (and portfolio where applicable) to email@example.com.