REMUNERATION: To be discussed
LOCATION: Cape Town, Observatory
EDUCATION LEVEL: Diploma
JOB LEVEL: Junior
Implement media coverage strategies in line with client marketing and campaign objectives
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
Media List updating
- Quarterly review and update of the media list aligned to client strategies, with the line manager and relevant content manager.
- Daily maintenance of media lists.
Media Relationship Maintenance
- Ensuring that media have accurate and appropriate client spokesperson and contact details.
- Ensuring that media’s requirements for quotes, interviews and further information is answered timeously and appropriately so as not to damage relationships.
- Timeous and appropriate distribution of press releases.
- Assisting with effective media liaison to generate maximum PR coverage.
- Assisting with Client liaison regarding media’s requirement for quotes, interviews and further information.
- Follow up with media regarding coverage for reporting and relationship maintenance purposes.
- Assisting to achieve and exceed client coverage targets (PR coverage, medium, region etc.)
- Internal updates to line manager and relevant Content Manager regarding media contacts, coverage and relationship maintenance.
Internal Relationship Collaboration
- Effectively using the Project Management system, including tracking time worked on each project and ticking tasks complete.
- Liaising with the Line Manager regarding briefs to ensure clarity of implementation.
- Effective teamwork and communication to achieve client marketing and campaign objectives.
- Living the company values.
JOB Evaluation Criteria
- Minimum relevant tertiary degree or diploma qualification in PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Studies
- Minimum 1-2 years in PR implementation
- 1-2 years experience with Media Liaison and Relationship Building, PR Coverage and reporting
- Work experience in a PR agency environment is advantageous
- Knowledgeable in PR, Writing, Journalism and Media
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in and with a team
- Good Relationship-management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good administrative skills
- Intermediate MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to take responsible initiative
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Approachable, team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism in order to develop
Other Special Requirements
- Driver’s License and own vehicle advantageous
If you think you are the right person for this position, send your CV and cover letter (and portfolio where applicable) to email@example.com.