REMUNERATION: To be discussed
LOCATION: Cape Town, Observatory
EDUCATION LEVEL: Diploma
JOB LEVEL: Junior
Support the Content Manager to successfully implement client strategies.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
Content Generation and Distribution
- Support the line manager to generate high quality content for all media channels, including social media.
- Produce content as required.
- Assist with editing and proof reading.
- Support the line manager to effectively distribute content across all media channels, including social media and PR.
External Relationship Development and Management
- Assist the line manager to build and manage the client relationships.
- Liaise with clients as needed.
- Attend and minute client meetings as required.
- Attend ad-hoc client needs.
- Assist the line manager to build and manage of strong media relationships.
- Support the line manager to produce annual media relationship management plans.
- Support the line manager in providing accurate spokesperson contact details to the media.
External and Internal Reporting
- Assist in setting up internal and external reporting templates.
- Produce client reports in line with deadlines, and gain approval from line manager.
- Produce internal reports in line with deadlines, and gain approval from line manager.
- Timeous dissemination of reports to clients as required.
Internal Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Assist in managing the internal approval process.
- Regular written and verbal communication with relevant departments.
- Liaise with the Media Liaison Manager, Designers and Social Media regarding brief clarity and timeous implementation.
- Set-up annual and quarterly planning meetings with clients.
- Support the content manager with follow-ups in order to meet deadlines.
- Utilising the Project Bubble system
Team Management and Development
- Effective management of direct reports if required.
- Assist the line manager in identifying strong intern candidates.
- Living the company values.
Job Evaluation Criteria
- Minimum relevant tertiary degree or diploma qualification in PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Studies
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in managing client accounts in an Advertising, Digital, Marketing or PR environment.
- Experience with content or communication development and dissemination across the different media channels is advantageous.
- Digital and social media experience or exposure is preferred.
- Some knowledge of related industries such as Marketing, Advertising, Media, PR and Digital.
- Project management and planning
- Organisational and administration
- Analytical reporting
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise requirements
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Strong MS Office (Word; PowerPoint; Excel)
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to take responsible initiative
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Team player
- Ability to take constructive criticism to develop
Other Special Requirements
- Driver’s License and own vehicle advantageous
If you think you are the right person for this position, send your CV and cover letter (and portfolio where applicable) to email@example.com.